Monday, June 7, 2010

It lasted one week

I'm not gonna lie, I've been a fatty since getting back from Coachella. I have not frequented the gym, or done much in the vigorous activity department lately.

The last week of May though, I thought it would be best to document what I consumed in my attempt to be healthy and fit again.

Monday:
This consisted of scrambled egg and spinach sandwich on sourdough for breakfast, then I brought grilled chicken to make into a sandwich with a side of spinach and garlic potatoes salad.
(15min treadmill run and 30 min bike)

Tuesday:
I had left over potatoes that I threw in my scrambled egg with some spinach for breakfast. Then brought stuff to make another chicken sandwich for lunch along with an apple and banana to hold me over when snack time came.
(15min treadmill run, legs, 20min bike)

Wednesday:
I think I may have had only coffee for breakfast and then made this compo of asparagus, squash and lamb pieces with rice for lunch. This was eaten with a side of yogurt and banana for snacks and lots of green tea throughout the day.
(15min treadmill run, arms, 30min bike)

Thursday:
For breakfast, I toasted my sourdough bread and pan seared broccoli and tomatoes topped with a poached egg. Then I took the lamb that my mom turned into mechado and poured that over steamed broccoli and white rice. I always felt that some Filipino meals didn't have enough greens, so this was my attempt at remedying that.

Here's an up close and personal photo of the mechado for you. I made sure that there were extra potatoes to soak up that tomato saucey goodness.
(It was my last day to volunteer at the hospital for a while, so I didn't work out after...lazy)

Friday:
I had corn that I needed to cook still, so I tossed it in the toaster over and then used some of it to put on top of the leftover homemade chix fried rice from the night before and scrambled an extra side of egg. For lunch, a salad was in order after the heavy rice breakfast and this consisted of the rest of the corn atop a bed of romaine lettuce, bell peppers and chicken. Lime juice and salt for the dressing.
(I did not work out again.)

Progress? Well I thought so, but it's been a really slow on the wagon/off the wagon process. Suggestions on how to stay on the wagon welcome. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment